View the results of my students's program executions

Question:
I have been using repl.it for several years for Java group instruction. Students share their accounts with me.
About two months ago, I noticed an issue where I am unable to view the results of my students’s program executions, including error messages and output. While I can access their code, I am unable to trace the execution or see any error messages through both the Shell and Console Tabs.

Could you please assist me in resolving this matter and getting this
functionality back to normal?

Repl link/Link to where the bug appears:

Screenshots, links, or other helpful context:

code snippet

You’ll either have to have the students invite you to their Repls, or fork them onto your account because of recent cover page changes.

Thank you for your answer. The students invited me, yet I didn’t see their execution results.

You should be able to run the Repl if you are invited.

I can see their repls. I am unable to view the results of my students’s program executions, including error messages and output. While I can access their code, I am unable to trace the execution or see any error messages through both the Shell and Console Tabs.

(post deleted by author)

(im trying to delete my post it’s not working :cry:)

Thank you for the attempt.

Are you in the repl’s editor, or at the Cover Page?

Seems like the workspace.

Oh, and also

1 Like

Well, it could be on two occasions?
@gyszilagyi Could we trouble you to provide a screen recoding or some screenshots?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Replit-user invited me. I can see this. I can not see anything that he is typing in the Shell prompt. I can’t see the results of the running and error messages.

I don’t think you could ever see when someone else is typing in the Shell.

You should be able to see the Console output when your student hits run, though?

2 Likes

Morning!

From the screenshot it looks like you are in your own fork of the student’s task, rather than the student’s repl. See the username in the address bar? It looks like yours and should be the student’s.

Also, if you were in the student repl, I think the invite button should not appear as you are a guest in their repl not the owner.

Hope this helps.

6 Likes

Thank you for your answer. How can I enter the student’s REPL directly?

Yes, I can see the console’s output. It helps. Thank you.

From their Repl view, they should have an Invite button, they can use that to invite you directly to their Repl.

3 Likes

The students invited me, and then they appeared in the “Shared with me” list. Previously, when I right-clicked on their names and opened their REPLs in a new window, I could see the issued commands, the execution messages, and everything alongside their code. This stopped happening a few months ago.

You should be able to see that in the Console tab, after hitting Run (If I’m understanding you correctly, I might not be)

2 Likes

Could you send a screenshot of what you are seeing in your student’s repl? This will help diagnose the issue.
Thanks!

I have sent it in my previous answer.