"Verified Bounty Hunter" badge and perks are unfair to the normal users

I think the form is still open and I think they still go through it.

2 Likes

Strange. That means that anyone could get it so the badge therefore has no value?

3 Likes

Very true. Makes no sense really

4 Likes

I don’t understand how this is strange, you have to answer all the questions and talk about some of your previous projects (and all this has to be reviewed by a Replit staff member) in order to get the badge.

4 Likes

make an all-out effort😉

No, you don’t. Unless it’s changed, all you had to do was say if you had past experience being paid to work and say what it was.

3 Likes

When I took it, you had to talk about why you want to be a bounty hunter n stuff, and had to say if you had experience but if you didn’t you could just talk about past projects (which is what I did)

Sooooo you’re both right

2 Likes

Just chiming in from the other side as a bounty payer lol - I’ll be transparent.
I don’t know what that badge means, (until reading this thread) and it doesn’t play into my decision on hiring.
I click on the hunter applications and into their Repl’s. If someone has proof of work (some repl’s made and fun stuff), they’re hired.

Just wanted to share 1 small data point :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The badge is no longer green is the grey/black (in dark mode) like the number of bounties included

4 Likes

I applied for this role/badge long ago when it came out, how can I apply again? If still applicable.

2 Likes

This^. I applied for bounties before they were free to public but still don’t have my badge.

1 Like

Same! I want to try applying again.

1 Like

They no longer give out the badge. I think Soren said that on the discord (it was somebody that worked at Replit)

2 Likes

I’m a verified hunter. First off, this feature has been around for a while. It’s not our fault you just found out about bounties yesterday. Second of all, us verified hunters had to complete a survey and Replit team handpicked us. If our application are bad, we wouldn’t of got it. And third off, Replit made bounties accesable to everyone because not everybody could be a verified hunter. I has reached out to Soren. And last of all, I see a lot of bad grammer, one sentence applications by normal hunters. So I strongly dissagree with you.

2 Likes

Verified hunters were assed on their skills. Its your fault that the window for getting the badge is gone.

Wouldn’t’ve or would not have, also were insted of are, and gotten instead of got.

I also don’t see many one sentence apps from hunters. The ones that do never get picked.

1 Like

It’s our fault for what? We can’t control time. For someone named @coolcoder1213, you aren’t acting very cool to us right now.

2 Likes

Well if they stopped giving the badge… shouldn’t it be deleted completely? This means new people can’t get it and again is favoring a small group of people over “regulars” in election at some cases.

3 Likes

No. Nobody can control time. But they should’ve signed up when the window was open. And if you did and you didn’t get the badge, then it’s because of yours kills. Replit decides that.

1 Like

I think the badge should still be open BUT it’s much more exclusive