Using selenium Webdriver issue

Question:
How to get the webdriver to work? because it won’t

Current behavior:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/Scraper/main.py", line 10, in <module>
    driver = webdriver.Chrome(options=options)
  File "/home/runner/Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chrome/webdriver.py", line 45, in __init__
    super().__init__(
  File "/home/runner/Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chromium/webdriver.py", line 50, in __init__
    self.service.start()
  File "/home/runner/Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 102, in start
    self.assert_process_still_running()
  File "/home/runner/Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 115, in assert_process_still_running
    raise WebDriverException(f"Service {self._path} unexpectedly exited. Status code was: {return_code}")
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: Service /home/runner/.cache/selenium/chromedriver/linux64/121.0.6167.85/chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127

Desired behavior

Repl link:

Could this Stack Overflow post help you?

Hi thanks for the response I got it working however, I’m unable to use uc, it says self.BINARYLOCATION should return a string

Could you please provide the error? You can copy it by highlighting it, right-clicking and pressing copy.

Sorry I bothered you with this issue, Only got this error because I didn’t try to study how selenium works but I somewhat understand now

1 Like

How did you solve it my friend, I have the same issue

(not anymore :tada:)

please post the solution. because i am also getting the same error

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.