Using replit with Java

I am teaching Python this year, and switched over the replit as soon as I heard about teams being free - it is awesome!

I am going to be teaching Java also next year so I just tried hello world in Java and I get maxed out cpu. Is this common? Its been a few years since I’ve written Java but I google hello world to check my work and it looks good.

Is it common to max out cpu with java (Python has been smooth sailing so far for everyone. Loving the collaborative coding aspect for the students!)?

Can you give some more details like are you using your individual account replit or it is made in education organization account?

Because under no circumstances hello world program can cause cpu maxout
May be check there might be some other code running along with hello world.

I am using an account in an educational institution, I have my students in classes in teams, here is my code: (I wrote this not linked to a particular class.)

class Main {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println(“Hello world!”);
}
}

I just Tried Now in My Dummy Project Its running fine I have attached GIF do check Resources are in bottom left.

Here is my code try copy and paste delete your project and create new and see if problem is resolved.

class Main {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println(“Hello world!”);
}
}

If Problem still persist share its link here and tag lena or submit a recording to bugs reporting department.

Open Image In New tab To View In Fullscreen

Java Prog Running Fine

Still getting same too much cpu problem, I deleted my replit and created a new one with the code that was shared.

https://replit.com/@AlisonHapka/InformalDownrightSourcecode?v=1

There seems to be errors in code

Type manually “hello world” in code

The double quotes are causing problems please enter it manually by your keyboard it will solve the problem

I have edited your code its running fine

But still cpu over load I am seeing you are having 1gb of ram and 1 gb of memory and 0.5ghz cpu

Recheck your education subscription

I do have a educational subscription, the code will run with those edits but the cpu is still almost maxed out even just opening it to view the code.

Join My demo Teams Below and run the same program

Join My Demo Team Project To See

Make sure you have created team in replit.com / teams then Under ---- >Your Organizations ----> Education ----> Name of your organization ----> Create team ----> Create project

Let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That was it! I was just hitting the create button, not going into my specific class and creating a project. I’ll keep practicing with it but looks much better now!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.