Using Motion Canvas

There’s a really cool library called motion canvas for typescript. It features a locally hosted webpage using vite. While I’ve been able to use vite before on replit, I can’t seem to figure out how to use motion canvas. The server opens on a certain localhost port, but the web view doesn’t show anything. Help?

What IP and Port is it hosting on? If it’s hosting on the wrong one(s) that could be why.

1 Like

By default it’s hosted on port 9000. Being somewhat of a beginner, I cannot find the hosting IP.

It should tell you (I think) port and IP in the console upon being run, also, please share a link to the repl.

1 Like

It didn’t tell me the IP adress, but the vite config in a default vite repl had a line telling it to host on 0.0.0.0. I copied this and it suddenly worked.

Sorry for wasting your time. Hope this is helpful for anyone else who finds this.

That’s fine, this wasn’t a time waste at all, it’s just the little things sometimes that prevent things from working, in this case, the repl must be hosted on 0.0.0.0 (localhost) so replit knows it’s there.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.