User Benefits from tipping feature

Hey people! Quick question, so with the new tipping feature being released, in my applications am I allowed to give users who tip, certain benefits? For example, if they tip 100 cycles; the application gives them a badge and a boost of something. Is that allowed?

Thanks, Avery (bddy)!

1 Like

Mabey? The wording is hurting my head

Tips are entirely voluntary, and you will not receive anything in return.

From the Cycles terms.

3 Likes

They don’t get anything, it’s meantioned on the cycles terms page

Hey hugo! I forgot to mention, that in my application they get a special perk. Not through replit.

2 Likes

From my understanding, you can’t give them a true benefit, but I would guess you can get away with giving them recognition. I’m just a random guy though, so don’t take my word for it.

The Cycles Terms state this:

Tips are entirely voluntary, and you will not receive anything in return.

The question is, does that mean that the repl’s owner is not allowed to give perks to those who tip? Or does it just mean that users shouldn’t expect to receive perks when they tip?

See the thing is, I’ve seen similar stuff with likes and following, so I don’t know that there really are any specific guidelines about this stuff. We need a Replit staff member here to make that clear.

2 Likes

We need staff confirmation of whether this is okay User Benefits from tipping feature:

1 Like

Hi all. I’ll discuss this with staff and get back to you as soon as I can.

My initial thought though is that tipping in return for a reward is not tipping, but micropayment for a service. Am I wrong here?

3 Likes

Hey @bddy ! This is a cool idea! To address the part of the terms of service that @not-ethan shared, tipping is totally voluntary. It is up to you if you’d like to acknowledge your tippers in some way, but you are never obligated to do so.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.