Update Go Version

Describe your feature request
Go version needs to be updated to a more recent stable build

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Many packages are requiring newer versions Go as many language features have been added. The current version of Go is 1.22.x and I would expect that Replit would maintain a regular schedule to keep the base language compatible with the top packages.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Tried installing Go Fiber JWT, I don’t want to deploy an application with basic authentication and having an old version of Go is causing this to fail installing. I pay for this service and your job is to make sure languages are kept up to date, or why should I pay for a service that doesn’t give me a return on investment. If I have to maintain the versions that are available, I could just use a cloud service provider and cancel this service. That is your biggest value you bring is having ready to use environments, I can easily setup VS Code web addition and connect to any Linux instance to replicate the majority of this service.

2 Likes

I saw they made this pull request a while ago, I think they’re just refactoring stuff but they also might be updating Go while they’re at it now. They also keep trying to update the unstable Nix channel which you could use to get the latest Go version.