Upcoming Replit Changes : Community crisis waiting to happen

breh i need to get all the resources I can get instead of having a LIMIT ON WHAT I CAN DO!!!

2 Likes

I’d like it if the lowest paid deployment tier was 300-500 cycles a year, comes with sometimes-on (wakes when someone goes there), Replit.app domain, custom domains allowed. Computing wouldn’t be great but fine.

don’t worry, the limits will become “solid” after a month on

1 Like

better not become finalised or this will cause problems through out the comunity

9 Likes

It’s only being rumoured and the Community is already ranting heavily, imagine what will happen if this isn’t changed

8 Likes

Im prob gonna leave replit and switch back ro VS Code if this really happens…

8 Likes

Bruh egress limit? what a horrible change

thankfull mine is only 0.0552 GiB / 1.0000 GiB

3 Likes

I guess I don’t use a lot of it.

4 Likes

At your rate however you’ll run out of egress around 20 days into the month

7 Likes

wait what… that’s the DAILY egress usage that keeps compounding per day every month???

2 Likes

Egress limits resets every month, yes. It builds up. If you go over, no repls for you

8 Likes

On egress;

1 GiB seems to be insanely small, Replit can probably multiply that by then based on how not-bankrupt they’ve been for the last… five years? What I really want to know is this, what changed? Why is this all happening? Where is all the money going? Replit has been FINE this entire time, and now the repl power is at like 1% what it used to be.

On deployments;

As I kept saying above, what changed? Replit’s main, CRUCIAL attraction was the ability to create real websites for free. Limiting projects to the cover page would ruin everything, not to mention the obvious things like cookies.

People like Replit for a reason. You want to inspire coders? Do not limit everything to paying professionals.

18 Likes

lmao yeah so sus that they’ve been like “oh yeah we’re doing great” for five years and then all of a sudden they’re like: oh yeah we’ve been dealing with financial issues for the last 20 years.

9 Likes

Wow, I didn’t notice this until now…

egress

Is my egress so low that there’s no / part? Is the default egress 1GiB?

7 Likes

Just realized Replit user count has doubled in the last year, I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that :}

Still, more people = more income right? It seems like Replit is missing some big money black hole somewhere…

4 Likes

Guys…

1. 10 GiB? I have Hacker plan but I don’t know if that’s why
  2. “Limit not yet enforced”. Could it be that they’ve listened to us and have silently stopped enforcing?
2 Likes

Hacker gets 10 and pro gets 50, also it’s GiB not GB, those are different measurements (I think)

Edit: 1 GiB is equal to 1.07374 GB, so it is more

2 Likes

No, more people does not equal more income, you’d have to assume every single or at least most users are paying for hacker, pro, cycles for powerups, bounties, or are attempting to cash out cycles form bounties. Everyone can use the service, so they are using bandwidth and using Replit’s machines indirectly to run their programs which is costing them lots of money (lots of very tiny amounts). So I’m not surprised Replit is trying to increase their income, but it is definitely surprising how much.

3 Likes

The egress limit is annoying. Not only will it limit websites (the big blue one is CoderElijah.repl.co), but it will kill all Repls. It’s counting my Python-only Repls in the mix here. Some of these I need to make for school. I’ll have to use two accounts if this gets too bad.

4 Likes

I honestly feel like it would help a lot if they slapped a big ol’ button on the home screen asking for donations… that could probably get me, a free user, to cough up some money

4 Likes