2 Likes

And, notifs dont work again :frowning:

1 Like

I hope your account survives.

1 Like

I guess I don’t use much either
Capture

3 Likes

Sadly the egress limit will still kill the free tier of Replit (at least with the current limit). I would prefer that be a soft rule as in the case the CoderGautamYT mentioned. The egress limit is too low even for my relatively basic websites. Having my Python programs (the ones that aren’t Flask) count towards it is also a big disappointment.

1 Like

I wrote a blog post a week ago about my feelings on this and thought I’d repost it here as it’s where everyone’s talking:

Ask:

DEV:

3 Likes

same lol
(first gotta download it)

They should make egress so it has a very high limit but if your egress fills up it resets it with a lower limit every time

I have an idea about how to go about fixing the egress problem: everyday everyone on Replit gets a certain amount of egress freed so that their Repls can continue running (for instance 1/4). This could keep the egress, but also save (or at least help) Repliters who’s Repls consume a lot of egress.

3 Likes

It seems like Replit is now enforcing egress limits. A hidden service I run on replit isn’t working, and it seems like Replit’s the cause of the issue.

1 Like

It is not an issue for me, but this is going to backfire if true

It might be a good idea to download everything on your account now, just in case replit kills things

All things I want to keep are on GitHub , which is funny as my repl are private but the repos are partly public

1 Like

I wasn’t going to comment on this topic as I wanted to see how it plays out first, but I like this solution a lot.

Another hosting provider I use (who I’m not going to mention for rep reasons) has this option to “boost” your resource limit by 2x for up to 48 hours a month.

I think Replit should implement something like this so users aren’t left in the dark.

Interesting! Egress limits aren’t being enforced for paid users!

On my account says not enforced yet

Paid user, I assume?

1 Like

It’ll be enforced on the 1st of April

Yes, I use an API for my files too. If that happens to me, I’m going to delete that API and wait for the egress to reset (yes, if you delete a program, you have to wait for its egress to reset)

They have made an official announcement about this. Introducing Data Transfer Limits on Replit: What You Need to Know

This is a lot better than what it is now but still not as good as before.

3 Likes