Undo new Replit UI

The new UI makes auto formatting truly ugly. Also code highlight is broken not only for 'exotics" but even in python.
Very disappointed.

7 Likes

I think this feature request was for viewing Repls, not the workspace

6 Likes

Same with the embed repl website

4 Likes

This new replit ui is applied only to those who have a replit account. If you access some repl when logged out, the older ui is applied.

8 Likes

Well, any updates? Are we going to get this reversed? Or must we be forced to live with this?

6 Likes

Yes Same with me
BTW, I am a explorer

4 Likes

@anon40284853
i think that the ui is okay (although i do prefer the one where the comments were below the repl), as long as replit doesn’t change it too drastically anymore. deployments and egress are what really worry me, as the ui has less of an effect on users than a new limitation to our development environments and replit in general

it’s sad to think that soon we’ll be the last replit users to know what replit was like without deployments or egress, when it was mostly free

5 Likes

Egress limits are far too harmful.

9 Likes

Somehow I missed your reply. Big topic. Sorry.
I’ll just go down the list.

1. I would be okay with the big Repl display if my other concerns were addressed.
  2. I definitely want comments. Adjustments would be nice.
  3. Yes the left sidebar. I like having it be shown and right now it defaults to hide and keeps resetting to hidden. Furthermore it doesn’t mix well with the new UI.
  4. Not something I can logically explain, but when viewing the source code of a Repl the styling and layout seems wrong. This is more personal preference than anything.
  5. Great.
  6. As of right now, you can do this. I do miss the icons though. I get my Repl made with a nice icon and it goes to waste because it only shows the name.
    This is just a random Repl but demonstrates what I’m talking about:
5 Likes

… it finally rolled out for me, and it is … disgusting

8 Likes

We need an alternative frontend for Replit that:

1. Is rendered server-side
  2. Is open-source (and NOT using github for version control)
  3. Written using a compiled language (compiled if possible, JS or python would also be fine, but not rust)
  4. Able to work perfectly without JavaScript (and with no missing functionality)
  5. Has a better UI
  6. Is easily customizable

Of course, the editor part doesn’t need to work without JS, but it’d be nice if the rest did.

7 Likes

If only wink wink:eyes: :rocket: :sparkles: :keyboard:

4 Likes

ngl that’s kinda sus lol

2 Likes

It’s me too! I don’t like the new code viewing layout, plus the button to view it is small (along with everything else squished into that little sliding menu)

3 Likes

That’s impossible. You can’t connect to WebSockets without JS.

4 Likes

you are just seeing the new UI?

3 Likes

yes, I am JUST seeing it

2 Likes

Everything but editing and running repls should work without JS

5 Likes

So how would you follow a user? A <form>? :joy::joy:

2 Likes

What do you mean lol.

2 Likes