Undo new Replit UI

Somehow I missed your reply. Big topic. Sorry.
I’ll just go down the list.

1. I would be okay with the big Repl display if my other concerns were addressed.
  2. I definitely want comments. Adjustments would be nice.
  3. Yes the left sidebar. I like having it be shown and right now it defaults to hide and keeps resetting to hidden. Furthermore it doesn’t mix well with the new UI.
  4. Not something I can logically explain, but when viewing the source code of a Repl the styling and layout seems wrong. This is more personal preference than anything.
  5. Great.
  6. As of right now, you can do this. I do miss the icons though. I get my Repl made with a nice icon and it goes to waste because it only shows the name.
    This is just a random Repl but demonstrates what I’m talking about:
5 Likes

… it finally rolled out for me, and it is … disgusting

8 Likes

We need an alternative frontend for Replit that:

1. Is rendered server-side
  2. Is open-source (and NOT using github for version control)
  3. Written using a compiled language (compiled if possible, JS or python would also be fine, but not rust)
  4. Able to work perfectly without JavaScript (and with no missing functionality)
  5. Has a better UI
  6. Is easily customizable

Of course, the editor part doesn’t need to work without JS, but it’d be nice if the rest did.

7 Likes

If only wink wink:eyes: :rocket: :sparkles: :keyboard:

4 Likes

ngl that’s kinda sus lol

2 Likes

It’s me too! I don’t like the new code viewing layout, plus the button to view it is small (along with everything else squished into that little sliding menu)

3 Likes

That’s impossible. You can’t connect to WebSockets without JS.

4 Likes

you are just seeing the new UI?

3 Likes

yes, I am JUST seeing it

2 Likes

Everything but editing and running repls should work without JS

5 Likes

So how would you follow a user? A <form>? :joy::joy:

2 Likes

What do you mean lol.

2 Likes

It’d probably be mainly so people could read (not write to) things on replit using browsers without JS (or if they don’t want to download all of replit’s JS).

1 Like

I mean all of replit runs on codemirror && GQL so … it’s possible to remake a ver

1 Like

Btw the show code button has been updated

9 Likes

yup… looks pretty disgusting

8 Likes

yeah I dislike it, but people were having trouble finding it so at the same time, I’m glad they updated it.

9 Likes

If you click the posts below the trending section (Following Activ ), it gives you the old UI.

3 Likes

lol BTW this is the only post to ever receive 25 likes on the ask forums XD

6 Likes

What about the protocol though

5 Likes