Unable To Use Playwright

Question:
While attempting to use Playwright, I get this error:

/home/runner/SubReddit-Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/playwright/driver/node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /nix/store/ia1nj04xx5v5rbg349m6dpicl1j11cwi-cpplibs/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
/home/runner/SubReddit-Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/playwright/driver/node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /nix/store/ia1nj04xx5v5rbg349m6dpicl1j11cwi-cpplibs/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
/home/runner/SubReddit-Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/playwright/driver/node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.36' not found (required by /nix/store/ia1nj04xx5v5rbg349m6dpicl1j11cwi-cpplibs/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
/home/runner/SubReddit-Scraper/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/playwright/driver/node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /nix/store/ia1nj04xx5v5rbg349m6dpicl1j11cwi-cpplibs/lib/libstdc++.so.6)

In the shell, I ran:

poetry add playwright
playwright install chromium

Perhaps try installing playwright with auto guessing (the Packages tool would be better but is currently broken), this will automatically install system dependencies.
If it still does not work, with a similar lib error, ask and I’ll provide an alternative solution.

Installing chromium? You can do it with Nix. Add it to replit.nix: pkgs.chromium. If that doesn’t work, use pkgs.ungoogled-chromium.

Based on other topics, also try adding chromium and chromedriver using the System Dependencies tool.

Just checking, but are you still unable to get Playwrite working?

Haven’t tried. I was able to use Selenium, instead.

Huh, just run playwright install as is; don’t include Chromium. I never did, and it worked fine.

1 Like