Unable to open repl

After I pasted data into a text file from this github: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/notracking/hosts-blocklists/master/dnscrypt-proxy/dnscrypt-proxy.blacklist.txt, my repl restarted and suddenly gave me an error and said I was unable to open it. The GitHub essentially contains a massive list of different known “bad urls” and I was going to use it for my search engine to blacklist said urls

I don’t know what’s wrong but if I am understanding this correct, IP Proxys are not allowed in Replit.

1 Like

Not entirely sure what that means, can you explain a little further?

1 Like

Try restarting the page if you haven’t already, this solves 99% of Replit issues.
If restarting doesn’t work, there’s one other possibility that makes sense to me: The large amount of data that you pasted in may have overloaded the repl. IIRC Repls have a maximum size by default of 1GB for non-hackers and 2GB for hackers. If your repl was already large in size, this may have put it over the edge and broken the Repl.

1 Like

a proxy is an IP Address that you can use as you go on the Internet that also shields your actual IP address at the time, and most of the times used to avoid website ratelimits.
Replit doesn’t allow that.

1 Like

I tried to paste it in smaller chunks and that did the trick, I suppose I pasted too much data in too short of a time for the repl to process and save

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.