Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to https://replit.com/@CarsonD-github/TripleSevenGames?v=1
  2. Fork the Repl
  3. Wait and it will give you an error

Bug appears at this link:
https://replit.com/@CarsonD-github/TripleSevenGames?v=1

Browser/OS/Device:

Chrome on Chromebook, also occurs on Replit app

Replit is currently experiencing a lot of backlash for allowing students to use proxies to bypass school restrictions. This puts replit in a bad light and causes replit to be banned from schools through no fault of it’s own.

Item 24 of Section 4 of the Replit Terms of Service prohibits:

Use the Service to create a proxy with the purpose of circumventing any firewall or other access control measure

Therefore, Replit is likely to automatically block any Repl containing a proxy, and those that are not blocked automatically may be reported. This does not specifically forbid all proxies, but due to this most proxies are generally taken down.

Additionally, Replit tends to automatically kill any repls that attempt to access HTTP proxies.

2 Likes

I seem to be able to fork the Repl without any problems. It’s probably the huge file sizes that are inside the Repl you wanted to fork.

However, I do want to point out that the content served on the Repl may have broken Replit’s Terms of Service. This is because it is distributing content without the owner’s permission.

This can be found in Section 5, Point 1, where it states that:

• User Content that infringes a third party’s rights (e.g., copyright) according to applicable laws;

This can be fixed by including a simple notice with the creator’s name and a link to their website.

1 Like

Yeah, @TripleSevenGames, I recommend removing the repl from the community.

@TripleSevenGames is forking a Repl in which he doesn’t own. He will have to contact the original owner to get his issue fixed.

1 Like

How do I know what the owners contact is?

The original creator of the Repl is beforeblazer. You can comment about the forking issue in his Repl (BlazerGames) or using the social links in his profile to talk about it.

Ok. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.