UKO-8.com version change

Question:
My website got something messed up and now I want to figure out how to revert back to an older version.

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@calvillo5432ud

Hi @calvillo5432ud !
What has been messed up? Could you share a screenshot or screen recording?
Thanks!

Appears to be an unblocked games-type site: https://replit.com/@calvillo5432ud/uko-8

@calvillo5432ud You can use the History tool on each file to go back and determine the state of each file. If it was a specific page you messed up, you can revert to a previous version of that file, but there’s not an overall version history unless you use Git (which I’m assuming you haven’t).

Though do note that if you’re making this site for unblocked games at school, you…well…shouldn’t. Otherwise, right ahead.

2 Likes

Found an old screenshot of what it was supposed to look like:

IMG_0432

Thanks for the info, although I never used git for the website. (By the way, it is for school, but my district approves of it.)

Oh! You mean custom domains (the pencil icon that used to be there)?
The reason that traditional custom domain linking on Replit was removed is because traditional repl.co hosting is being removed from Replit. It is being replaced by deployments (replit.app). You can link a custom domain to deployments. Repls require a paid plan/connected credit card to host but will still be able to have custom domains (so long as the repl hosts a website).
Hope this helps!

Ohh, I’m so sorry but that was not what I was talking about. The custom domain has already been linked, it just so happened to be on the screenshot. What I was talking about however, was the organization of the icons. In the screenshot, I only tried to show what the page looked like. Now, it’s all spread out and unorganized if you visit the website at this current time. What I am trying to do is revert that to how it use to look before.

Ok so I have no idea why the layout would change on its own (unless you changed something?), so you might have to edit the CSS to rearrange it.

When is it going to be done?

yeah when is it going to be done also we apprciate the time you spent for this

and also what coding program you use

Like what been happening wit the stuff dude retro bowl need to me back

Retro bowl cannot come back on Replit, for 1 the cover page change pretty much blocks it and 2 it got DMCA’d.

1 Like

that sucks i feel sad retro such a good game

Guys, just a bit of information right now, I tried visiting the site but it uses old hosting instead of deployments so it won’t work anyway until @calvillo5432ud changes to deployments

Hi @328170, welcome to the forums!

I would not recommend playing Retro Bowl at school. . .During your free time, there are a plethora of sites that offer free Retro Bowl - such as https://retrobowl.me which has no ads. Hope this helps!

1 Like

yeah it down work they lock down like all games i had a unblocker but my friend turned my computer off so i might make one myself because it gets blocked from others that snitch to teachers.

Arguably, this is for a good reason, as you shouldn’t be playing browser games during school anyway.

2 Likes

I repeat once again, please discuss non Replit matters, such as “Retro Bowl” and “secret game apps” elsewhere. These repetitive comments have nothing to do with the original intended purpose of the topic and are not helpful in any way.

2 Likes

ok but like no one really uses replit anymore most people have moved to github so I’m sorry there’s no roeson the hole point of this thing is to make games what you want us to do grab piece of paper and wait 30 minutes like none of are teachers let us get up.

1 Like