Tutorial doesn't work

so im coding in kaboom a snake game, and i followed this tutorial:
https://docs.replit.com/tutorials/kaboom/build-snake-with-kaboom
but then i came to the 5th block of code which includes the onUpdate function. Then i ran it and the snake just slid right off the screen. I couldn’t control it using arrow keys. Maybe its outdated???

Welcome to the community, @emma54321!

I don’t know what you mean here… The tutorial said that the snake can continue off the bounds and off-screen. Could you describe the issue with more details. A link to your repl may help as well.

Also this should be moved to the #code-help:html-css-js section, not here

1 Like

Kaboom is JavaScript, not Python. I’ll move it to the correct cat.

2 Likes

oops. was thinking about the wrong thing

Could you provide a link to the Repl and some more details about what your issue actually is? That’d help us help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kaboom.js isn’t html, css, js either xD

I believe Kaboom is actually just a JavaScript library, so it is.

1 Like

Yes, but it’s not html and css

It is, you just don’t see the HTML and CSS part, everything is handled for you. If you look at the default Kaboom template, it’s actually just a NodeJS Repl with a server set up to handle creating a HTML page and putting Kaboom in it, then putting your code in it.

2 Likes

I mean they didn’t use the html, css, js template, someone would prob get confused

Actually there should be a new sub-cat in #code-help for kaboom tbh

2 Likes

It’s front-end JavaScript, so it falls under HTML, CSS & JavaScript. Having a new cat would be a good idea, but then there aren’t enough topics about Kaboom so Ian would likely prefer not to make a new one just for a single post. Plus Kaboom isn’t a language, it’s a library.

2 Likes

Kaboom is a Javascript library, like any other library. You can use the HTML, CSS, JS template and manually install Kaboom on it (tried that before). Kaboom just creates HTML and JS code to render the game.

2 Likes