Turn off multiplayer cursors extension

Describe your Extension idea
An option to show/hide the multiplayer cursors in a Repl.

What problem(s) would this Extension solve?
Users being distracted by the moving cursors as multiple users read / edit the code.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this Extensions request

8 Likes

Yes!!! It’s so annoying when someone is in multiplayer with me and I’m trying to code but their username covers what I’m typing because the cursor and it’s all really frustrating lol…

6 Likes

Thanks. This was requested by another user in the Facebook community so wanted to log it as a potential extension idea here. Definitely think it could be possible.

6 Likes

Hi! This isn’t planned in the near term — we are more focused on enabling developers to add functionality to the IDE than on removing or changing native features. That said, we’re not ruling it out for the future.

4 Likes

a dirty workaround bookmarklet (save as “toggle multiplayer cursor flash”). I don’t really do multiplayer in the same file so I don’t know which other annoyances to fix

javascript:(()=>{if(typeof cursorRemover=="undefined"){cursorRemover=new MutationObserver(([{addedNodes:[node]}])=>{if(node?.classList?.contains("multiplayer-cursor")){node.remove()}})};if(localStorage.removingCursor){cursorRemover.disconnect();delete localStorage.removingCursor}else{cursorRemover.observe(document.querySelector("[role=tabpanel"),{childList:true,subtree:true});localStorage.removingCursor="1"}})()
3 Likes