Tkinter showing no output

Bug description:
Any usage of tkinter in python has not been working at all and continuously shows an error on the output screen.

Expected vs Current Behavior:
It should be outputting code related to tkinter however it keeps showing error connecting to the server.

Steps to reproduce:
run any pyhton code using tkinter and have output opened

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/ Safari/537.36

Replit Profile:

Hi @BarzinVazifedoo , welcome to the forums!
Try unblocking the and domains if you can, as one of them/both of them control the Output. Your firewall is probably blocking the domain.
Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be working, as I checked and the domains are unblocked and the same error is popping up.

Try clearing the browser cache.
Also try clicking Try again or refreshing, while the program is running.
Also try forking the repl.


We did have an incident over the weekend but it should now be resolved. I checked your account and all looks fine now. You may have to logout and clear your browser cache to verify the fix, or test with Chrome Incognito mode. Make sure you run your Repl a couple times and check the output.


I and my pupils are experiencing the same problem.

I have made a very simple program to test it this morning and it still is not working:

We had the same problem back around June last year. It stopped being a problem, but has reared its head again the last week or so. It causes us a major problem here as we use things like tkinter and turtle across a lot of our year groups.

I have tried forking repls and clearing my browser cache with no luck.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

A number of my students are still having access issues. Some are able to eventually get a working output by making many new replits, but a few of my students have not had any success getting any output working for over a week.

@segerj @sgcooper Can you give me the username of a few of your students having issues and a link to the Repl(s) with the issue? It’s okay if it’s private. Thank you for the help.

Edit: I missed the link to @sgcooper 's Repl so I’m taking a look there. You said you were having the issue as well?

Is Pygame having the same issue? They run the same way… so I would think that.

@sgcooper Thanks for providing this information. I am not seeing any further issues with this example Repl. I had to run and retry it once, but the error went away and the expected input came back.

Have you tried testing on another network, device, etc.? That may help narrow it down. You may wish to engage your local IT team as needed.

This student is having issues with this replit. She has had the server error message since last week on it.

I have found that some students have more success on their personal computer devices instead of the school provided chromebooks, but that isn’t a consistent outcome. I’ve contacted our IT to ensure that and are not blocked, but I have not yet heard back.

@segerj Thanks for the information. For this Repl, once we correct the syntax errors, the output shows as expected. The Repl likely is storing the old error result because it doesn’t get past the syntax errors in order to run properly.

If the student corrects the errors and it still doesn’t run correctly, then it is good to followup with IT to see if it’s specific to the network or the school devices.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.