[Themes]: Light/Dark theme should match browser dark mode state.

Light/Dark theme should match browser dark mode state.

2 Likes

Welcome to Ask! Replit allows you to select from a multitude of community themes and you can build your own. I think this would be a step backwards.
https://docs.replit.com/category/themes

3 Likes

They’re just saying that the light/dark theme should match the browser/system color theme. This doesn’t mean people can’t use custom themes; it simply means that by default, if someone has dark mode on, their theme would be dark, etc.

3 Likes

Precisely. The way Proton Mail does it is they have multiple light and dark themes and you can set which theme to use during light hours and which other theme to use during dark hours and it can be set to change on a schedule. That’s what I’m looking for here.

2 Likes

Definitely a neat idea. If it can be a flag and not a default setting, that would be best - I need to be able to quickly switch between the two.

4 Likes

On second thought you are right and this could be implemented.

2 Likes

I noticed that it takes a few clicks and some mouse movement to select a theme on the website as a whole. I think it’d be great if you could select a theme using the command palette (ctrl/cmd+k). Maybe that’s worth a separate post?

1 Like