The Output window says. "There was an error connecting to the server"

Problem description

When I run python tkinter or turtle the output window is throwing an error, “There was an error connecting to the server”

Expected behavior

There should be an output.

Actual behavior

An error pops up, “There was an error connecting to the server”

Steps to reproduce

https://replit.com/@cbraddy/Rock-Paper-Scissors-Jon-Prater-1
Click run.

Browser

Chrome

OS

Windows

Device if mobile

N/A

Plan

free

Hi @cbraddy , welcome to the forums!
Could you make sure that you have whitelisted the *.replit.dev domain? This is the domain controlling the Output.
Hope this helps!

Is that something that can be done on firewalled replit? That is the only one our district allows us to use.

I too am seeing the same issue on firewalledreplit.com

The reason is that the replit.dev domain, which controls the output is blocked for you. As long as it is blocked, the output window cannot be accessed.

I just talked to our tech people in the district, it is and always has been whitelisted so there must be another problem. Do you know what it could be?

It seems like there’s a different underlying issue here, rather than a DNS/firewall one.

I too am seeing the same error using the firewalledreplit domain, no output with the same error

I am getting this error on two separate devices using unfiltered network connections as well.

So is it something replit needs to fix? If so, how to I make that happen?

As I said, there’s some different underlying issue here, unrelated to DNS/firewalls.

1 Like

You’ll have to wait on staff to respond and fix the issue, not much you can do besides that.

2 Likes

Thank you. Hoping for the best!

1 Like