The console doesn't show up in the project when deploying

My friend and I have recently discovered when we deploy the project, the console doesn’t show up. I would like to have a feature to show the console in deployed projects added.

Projects are usually based on user input and text via the print and input function. Without these being able to be seen, many creators and programmers will be doomed that their projects don’t work. Rebuilding their projects may require more than their abilities, which is not right. For a website to help programmers to grow to fail in such resources is embarrassing.

After finishing one of our collab projects, we made sure that it would work fine when deployed. That’s when we noticed that the console didn’t show up. We were furious and doomed, because we couldn’t do anything about it. 90% of the project uses the console, about 1,000 lines. For all that hard work to not work was devastating.

Replit should be very disappointed that they don’t have this feature. This is worth complaining and making clear to the platform.

@risheenb, and @meemeeguy42

1 Like

I am his friend, @meermehta. I deeply agree with what he said.

I coded many of the print() functions in the project, and I was simply devastated to see that our hard work added up to the console not even showing up.

I greatly hope that Replit considers adding this feature, and I, and other coders as well, would enjoy it.

With best regards,
@meermehta

1 Like

Welcome to Ask! Deployments are meant for websites, not command line programs. If you’re not hosting a website or website backend, deployments are not the thing for you. If you are hosting a website, please provide the link to your repls so we can take a look.

1 Like

We did not exactly deploy, but we used the project page and saw no console. We feel like this is what people see when we deploy it.

1 Like

Without the link to the repl or at least a general idea of what you’re doing, there’s no way to diagnose this issue.

2 Likes

Here is the link: https://replit.com/@risheenb/The-Friendly-Robot-Collab-with-Meer?v=1

1 Like

In that case you need to vote on the existing topic for this feature request. Python needing console to show up
If this is indeed your issue I’ll close this topic to avoid duplicates.

2 Likes

Yes, this is my problem. Thank you very much.

2 Likes