Template Author Badge

@not-ethan, do you think this could be possible?

1 Like

Sounds possible if the engeners give us acess to a private Replit API or just scrape the webpage.

2 Likes

I can’t confirm this at the moment but will find out and get back to you.

3 Likes

I’ve asked on the ruby subreddit if someone would know how to do this and someone look confident :

I’d say to make a bounty and not an employee make it do it.

1 Like

We cant used custom plugins as of now. Even if we made it we cant install it.

Why, because this forum doesn’t used payed Discourse?

Yes we use discourse and we host with them. But custom plugins are not available on all tiers. Other than that I don’t know how much I can say. (cc @IanAtCSTeach)

I also don’t think a plug-in is th e best route for that anyways. Using the api would probably be easier

2 Likes

Just an update on this. API is just for staff but we might be able to run a GraphQL query to extract the information. I’ve got a specific contact to message about this and will update again when I’ve found out what we can extract on a regular basis (e.g. once a month, mid month would probably be enough).

2 Likes

I think once a month is good enough for now. I think once a week is better since if it reachs 25 forks the second of the month you need to wait a month instead of 6 days.

And I really need to learn GraphQL. Sounds like so many things can be done with it.

2 Likes

Sure we could increase the frequency if the proof of concept works!

2 Likes

Well I was thinking just so people get them quicker. Well working on it we would run it every time we think it works for testing.

1 Like

@IanAtCSTeach, is it going to able to do this badge now with the new replit login?

1 Like

Possibly but I’m currently trying to adjust to all the changes.

1 Like

Nice, check the message I sent you!

I relised that you can probly use gql for this but I don’t know how you would grant the badge.

1 Like