Suggest code modification/addition similar to starting a thread

Describe your feature request
Allow users to highlight a piece of code and suggest a modification. If the modification is accepted, the code is changed.

Maybe the replit could be configured to accept a change with a certain number of “votes”, or just accept if any one user accepts it.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
It would make it easier to make changes collaboratively without having to do something like write the code, comment it out, and start a thread suggesting it as a change (or make a copy, etc).

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I wanted to modify a friend’s code, but I wanted him to be able to see and accept the change first to know if he liked it. I made a copy of the file and made the change, but I think this would be much more intuitive.

2 Likes

I could also imagine this kind of feature augmenting the thread feature, where users could deliberate on a suggested change and make modifications to it within the thread, before closing and finalizing the change or discarding it.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Day 042 - Project 42 : MokéBeasts Single Dex