Student hacker plan

Why replit removed upto 5 repls always on feature for github student developer pack please add this feature or add only 1 always on repl for students because student also requires it for testing and learning

1 Like

Hey @roney529!

Unfortunately, you no longer get Hacker with the Github Student Plan. You now get 6 months of free private Repls as said in this post and the change wont be reverted back:

2 Likes

Please add only 1 repl for always on because all students need it

Why do all students need it? Most if not all projects in school don’t need always on and if they do the teacher/school should provide it.

2 Likes

Yes but I am from small village there is no school like that and always on is needed because It help student to code easily when they are at school or home their coding never stops that is why… And not only me my school and other friends needed it all please provide this query to head office of repl so they can recheck and think again for students

Always on makes it so the code is running 24/7. You can code when ever you want no matter what.

I do not have access to the internal system to track feature requests so I cant. And people have requested similar things since the change and they have denied them.

4 Likes

Our student team want their code keep runing when they are doing something else it help student so much that is why we are requesting and also student don’t have enough money to purchase that plans

2 Likes

While we aren’t changing the student pack, students can still code whenever they want. We have done this to prevent abuse of the program.

4 Likes

Hey @roney529, welcome to replit ask! The Always On power up allows makes your code run 24/7, but is you still need that, you can use @gdaybot. If you require something run at all times, get the owner of the repl to comment @gdaybot keepalive. For the boosts, there’s not much to do about it.

1 Like

I saw a recent post by @codingMASTER398 that gdaybot keep alive is no more due to egress.

2 Likes

Oh, i haven’t heard much about gdaybot recently, sorry!

1 Like

Replit team should give atleast 1 repl to keep their code alive for 24/7 this helps them so much

Why only six months of private replits? It doesn’t make sense, my career lasts more than 4 years

Replit needs some way to make money i guess!

(NOT THAT THEY ARENT ALREADY FORCING PEOPLE OUT WITH IT EVERYWHERE ELSE)