Some users are having trouble connecting to MongoDB

I can confirm that it was working yesterday on my Repl but not today.

2 Likes

This issue seems to appear for me when I work on my Repl at a specific time. Realized this was a platform issue when I tried connecting the Repl to another cluster.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried that too before I hit the community page here looking to see if anyone else reported it. Do you see this happening consistently at specific times?

also find out same error here using same code in diff proj seems like only some of them occur the issue

I reach the same error 2 month ago I thought why it cause this because I did something wrong after that I found out you can fix this by removing entire project and restart a new one in diff repl .
After reading this article I realize there is some problem here in replit.

@ShaneAtReplit any updates from the upstream service?

Not updates at this time, unfortunately.

1 Like

any estimation when this mongo problem will be solved?

We are still attempting to get into contact with the upstream service and are still waiting to hear from them.

1 Like

Hiya, just out of curiosity have you had any updates from them?

We have received an update from the service and are working towards a resolution. We have found a possible fix for our own infrastructure. I will follow up once that has been rolled out.

4 Likes

Can we ensure that this is a perm fix? The issue has occured multiple times already.

We are unsure if this is a permanent fix. Due to the sporadic nature of this issue, it is impossible for us to reproduce directly and confirm if a fix is permanent until we no longer see new reports or hear back from users currently experiencing the issue.

1 Like

We have recently changed our DNS from Cloudflare’s family friendly DNS back to 8.8.8.8. We believe that this should fix the issues with MongoDB, and have heard back from a few users that the issue has went away.

If you are still seeing issues, please run kill 1 in the shell before reporting back to us!

2 Likes

Issue still persists even after kill 1. @ShaneAtReplit

Oh no! Can you post the link to your Repl so I can take a look?

I am now getting a new error following this “patch”:

querySrv ETIMEOUT _mongodb._tcp.cluster0.7thba.mongodb.net Error: querySrv ETIMEOUT _mongodb._tcp.cluster0.7thba.mongodb.net
    at QueryReqWrap.onresolve [as incomplete] (node:DNS:213:19)

sdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsd

Nothing works, still facing issues

Hi @ShaneAtReplit nis the issue fix? Many of us are still facing issues

If you’re still having issues, can you send me the link to your Repl so I can take a look?