Should we have custom badges?

Now that we have the ability to grant badges based on a custom SQL query we can have a lot more custom badges without Ian needing to do a bunch of work to avoid the SQL. This topic on meta has a lot of cool badge queries we can use. Some of my favorites are Top x% poster, Read for x time and liked post by a member of x group (can be used in #bug-reports with mods and/or Replit staff).

There are a lot of others! Share your feedback and if you have any queries please share!

5 Likes

This is excellent work @not-ethan and I think we can go for some obscure but cool criteria e.g.

• Twins : users who are online and posting at the same time
  • Hitting the target : user who responds to a post which takes overall response to 100% on the site
3 Likes

Good idea. I think the posts should be made with in 5 min so its not too hard. And I will need somebody else to make the SQL since I don’t know a single piece of syntax in SQL.

And if you want me to add any of those to the bot just tell me

3 Likes

What exactly do you mean by this?

2 people that are online on Ask at the same time and also post at the same time

2 Likes

What time frame would be the same time? A minute, 30 secs? Because posting can take a few seconds.

I agree I suggested a 5 min cool down before

1 Like

Five minutes sounds like a whole to be honest, I dunno though.

I could always be runing multiple queries and logging the data for each and decide from there

I don’t get it, what do you mean overall response?

2 Likes

Sounds great, I’d say maybe a bug hunter badge!

2 Likes

For the entire site e.g. the person who replies to the only remaining unanswered topic gets a badge.

I’m just trying to think of obscure but interesting challenges for writing the database queries. These aren’t definite badges, just musings!

2 Likes

Great idea. You’d probably get it instantly @hugoondev ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thats impossible. There are already so many unanswered topics so this would never be awarded.

I like it. I suggested it in the OP

4 Likes

Will these badges get implemented now? A lot has changed, so I dunno… it sounds like a great idea, but the Staff may be too busy to implement it.

3 Likes