Should Ask and Discord mods get a badge?

Describe your feature request
Mods here on Replit Ask and also mods in the discord server should get a badge on their Replit profile like hackers, site mods admins, etc.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
People ask me if Im the same Ethan as the on and Replit Ask. But if they see a badge on my profile they would not need to ask. It could also help if they say something in comments of a repl

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good idea. It would also stop impersonators, and show that the user is a trusted part of the community.

4 Likes

Note only on the main site. Here we have a checkmark and on the discord they have a role color and role icon

1 Like

They are quite separate from the main site and provide no permissions to the users, so I don’t think its particularly useful

2 Likes

I agree with that but as @DillonB07 said it can prevent impersenators

What about the Content creator role? That has no use any more since anybody can make templates now

2 Likes

Yeah so its not given out anymore. You’ve proved my point

1 Like

What about my other point @CodingCactus?

1 Like

I don’t think that would have a significant effect to justify time spent on it

1 Like

I’ve asked the Replit community team how easy it is to create / edit + assign badges on replit.com. Will get back to you as soon as I can.

5 Likes

Yeah, this might be a good idea. But just think that creating a new role/badge requires an entire database migration :exploding_head:, and it won’t be worth it for only one person.

Why would it require an entire database migration? Also I included discord mods so its another like 10 people

4 Likes

Idk, but it requires an entire database migration for some reason, now it’s 11 people!

2 Likes

If anyone DARES impersonate ethan I will personally give them a little visit to their home adress.

2 Likes