Share FILES with other students?

Is it possible TO SHARE with other fellow learners some text files I have in a replit session?

Welcome to the community! You cannot share individual files in a Repl. You can either invite them to the Repl (edit access), or just send them the link to the Repl and they can view the source code (which contains the text files).

4 Likes

bummer… I hope they consider that in a future enhancement. I have folks who cannot upload files to their session due to infosec situations from their companies. Now, I already have these files myself, so I thought since they cannot upload them themselves, I can just have them share my own files…

what… I don’t understand just make a repl with a single file and share that…

what… I don’t understand just make a repl with a single file and share that…

how do I share the files? (not the session)

wdym can’t you just give them the repl link and have them fork it?

wdym can’t you just give them the repl link and have them fork it?

Can you please, very please, explain this a bit more? I created a python session and I upload some text files. Now how exactly do I share/push/give these text files to others?

This post has some information that might help you.

1 Like

Welcome to Ask, @nickgabriel.

Only those specific files? Sorry, but no (to my knowledge).

Do you mean like a repl? Technically, you can invite a user(s) and they will be able to access your text files and all other files. If you don’t want to invite users, you can give them this link:

https://replit.com/@USERNAME-OF-PROJECT-OWNER/PROJECT-NAME?v=1#PATH/TO/FILE.txt

Please explain what you mean by a replit session. Also, you can just download the file and share it using other methods.

no, not code. I want to share the input data files

You can use a third-party website like Pastebin to create links to the files.

1 Like

will I then be able to upload these files from pastebin to a replit session?

No. They will have to download the files manually and put them inside the Repl.

However, I did find a better solution, which involves creating a public Repl that contains just the text files and then sharing the link to the Repl to whoever you want.

oh, please, tell me more, how do I create a public repl?

If you don’t know how, your repls are probably public by default.

2 Likes

but, if I have files in my replit session, how can I direct others to copy these files from me into their session?

Maybe upload the files to a pastebin (e.g. transfer.sh or ttm.sh) and have them download them using a shell command that you provide.

1 Like

ok so you create some random repl

then you add any files you want.

then fork the project/invite someone to the repl

OR

or invite someone to the repl

OR YOU CAN GENERATE AN INVITE LINK AND SHARE IT

3 Likes

That feature currently does not exist. You can request it in #support:feature-requests.

it’s possible just super convaluted and involving crosis + replit GQL, I think this person wants to copy files so I’m just directing him to forking which should work… they should just fork his repl and then add their files after not vice verse ;-;

1 Like