Serving from multiple folders

I’m using a public repl to hold a solution for a (HTML/CSS/JS) project my students are building. I’m adding features to it with them each class day, and saving previous versions in folders named by the date we finished those features. The current version we are on is in the main folder.

The problem is that while we can serve the page from the main folder, some of the previous version folders work to serve from and some don’t – and I can’t see any difference between them. (Even looking at directory and file permissions in the shell – identical folders, one I can enter the url for and the page gets served, the other I get a 404 error)

It’s really annoying when I want to be able to show them how far we’ve come by comparing different versions. I can get around this by showing them my local copy, but they can’t see the results of the multiple versions when they are working on their own.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @markbetnel. Take a look at this repl. The main page is here but I have a file called test.html. I can get to the page using this link: https://example.coolprojects.repl.co/test.html. So you can have multiple files with the extension .html.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help here, I appreciate it. My issue isn’t serving multiple html files, it’s that I have multiple directories within the same repl, somf of which work and some of which don’t – so this is maybe more a bug report than an ask for help with the Teams for Ed product:

index.html
style.css
script.js
1-25/
index.html
script.js
style.css
1-26/
index.html
script.js
style.css
1-28/
index.html
script.js
style.css

I’m keeping the current version of a project in the top level, and previous versions in the folders. As far as I can tell all the permissions and settings are identical on all the files and folders.

but

index.html --seems to work, but seems to load a version that diverges from the current files in the folder
1-25/index.html --works
1-26/index.html --works
1-28/index.html – gets a 404

it’s bizarre.

1 Like