Servers in the UK

Personally, I think having a UK based office/servers would help with loading times in Europe, as currently the only servers are in America or Asia, which is unhelpful for people (me included) in Europe, as it can cause long loading times on repls.

3 Likes

Hi @Banesr18 thanks for your message.

I’m maybe lucky but I’ve rarely had long loading times on Repls and I’m based in Scotland. If you would like to share a Repl as an example and a rough idea of how long it takes to load for you we might be able to suggest some ideas.

3 Likes

I’ve had inconsistencies with loading times. Some days it’s seconds, others it’s blinking in and out of connection and taking minutes to load. I can’t replicate the issue on demand, though.

2 Likes

The issue may be caused by a poor connection to your Wi-Fi or Mobile Data.

1 Like

I’ve used multiple networks, the problem would still persist. Also, my network is relatively new, and is very quick when running other internet based software (games). I don’t think it’s a personal issue.

2 Likes

:fr: is more in the centre of software developer population

2 Likes

I think having a European-based server in central Europe, like Germany or Sweden or maybe Switzerland would be very good for serving the European demographic with faster loading times.

3 Likes

In the Replit Developer Day live stream they said they were working on adding more clusters around the world. They didn’t specify where though.

1 Like

this happenes to me all the time. I think it is just the plan you are on

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do I switch servers?