Serious Question

Hello, I’m just checking in to see how you’re doing and what you’ve been coding / coding, please let me know and maybe attach a couple project links :).

p.s. : @functionally/hell

2 Likes

uhh I’m good how are u? Learning React

2 Likes

Thank you for your inquiry I am doing well.

1 Like

I’m pretty good at html, and I’m ok(?) at python. I’m currently learning more python through the 100 days course.

1 Like

im making a tic tac toe game

3 Likes

Well I’ve been trying to make my own interpreted language

4 Likes

I really don’t like React, but at the same time, it seems like the all-in-one holy grail. Like if you learn React then you can learn React Native and make mobile apps. And then you can also use 3rd party sites to convert those to Roku channels.

1 Like

Hmm. Is it just regular tic tac toe? Is there a twist? Is it for fun or to test your skills?

1 Like

Honestly, nothing much for at least the past week as I was on vacation in Florida from the 26th to New Year’s Eve. But now I’m mostly trying to use SceneGraph and BrightScript to make a Roku channel on the oldest Roku ever that’s from like 2013. It’s kinda fun; I made a “game” (?) where you press the OK button on the remote to grow the text that says “Wassap peeps” by 10 sizes. You can press the back button to reset the size. Pretty boring, but also pretty cool that I got it working.

Also, I have been using ChatGPT a lot. It helps me with code a lot now, even writes entire SYSTEMS that would’ve taken me AND MY DAD literally DAYS. It even helped my sister with the format of her college application/scholarship essay.

4 Likes

It is regalur tic tac toe Nothing special

1 Like

I obviously do not own that Twitter account; I included it just for fun because of the top name “You’re an [user],” and no, I would be 5 in 2013.

2 Likes

I’m making a template that will hopefully get featured.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. In the terms if today’s people, I have “played” myself. Good wishes to you in that case.

1 Like

next.js and react :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not doing good
Exam happening in china here and it is super hard
And also I have a project that makes me rage sometimes
Well I made a game remixing the game ‘werewolf’ and it looks crappy
So I wanted to make a remaster version with many codes I have learned
And yeah the errors, no idea what is self.class what is not, having a bunch of functions in functions
Yeah I’m driving myself crazy thanks for asking

Wanna see how crappy it is? Here you go
First version:
https://replit.com/@s3D27ZHOU/Werewolf-remix-party-game?v=1
Recode version:
https://replit.com/@s3D27ZHOU/Werewolf-party-game-RECODE?v=1

2 Likes

smh, react is kewl :+1:

1 Like

AWESOME! Welcome to the community! u get a follow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait… Replit is allowed in China? That’s cool. I consider myself an intellectual in the field of Python (my W3schools certificate should pass as a degree any day now), and I believe self.class is simply turning something into a class.

cool! You used W3schools for learning? I use it for fixing bugs/adding features

Most of what I know came from W3. From when I started learning HTML as a rookie, to consultation on my first big project. Nice to see a fellow W3 user!