Seeking for help on : ” How to link Replit with jupyter notebook ”

Dear all :

i have one question on " How to link Replit with jupyter notebook " ! Since i have already use the following code " pip install notebook " in Shell of Replit , then input " jupyter notebook " in Shell of Replit, but it didn’t work ! ( it shows that " No web browser found: could not locate runnable browser.") & provide the link as below:

http://localhost:8888/?token=f6e009e88454ef73f974c515afa0b12aea1a65213b44ab80
http://127.0.0.1:8888/?token=f6e009e88454ef73f974c515afa0b12aea1a65213b44ab80

but when i try to hit the above link , then it comes out " the connection is failed ( localhost connection is refused ) " , so would you please kindly advise how to solve this problem and thank you so much !

Best Regards

Anakins

**Repl link:**
``` code snippet ```
2 Likes

Hi @anakinsLin welcome to the community!

Have you tried using the Jupyter Notebook template?

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hi @IanAtCSTeach

really appreciate your help ! but when i follow the instructions from README , then i got the enecrypted password but unfortunately i have no idea about " where the Replit Secret is " and " how to proceed the 3rd step : Copy enecrypted password to a Replit Secret with the name NOTEBOOK_PASSWORD , so would you please kindly advise how to solve this problem with images ! Thank you so much !

Best Regards

Anakins

2 Likes

I think these are the docs for replit secrets: https://docs.replit.com/programming-ide/storing-sensitive-information-environment-variables
And it seems the template auto-generates your “encrypted password”
You need to copy the outputted password from instruction number #1:

In the shell run ./generate_password.sh
4 Likes

Hi @anakinsLin

I made a short video walking through the README file. Once you get past this point you should be fine.

6 Likes

Hi @IanAtCSTeach, thank you so much for your video but I sill have some questions as below:

When i type the password(from the 2nd step) into the Replit and it create the " enecrypted password " successfully, the shell of Replit shows some text “…with the following contents: …” but i don’t know the exact beginning & the exact end of enecrypted passwords which were shown on Shell ! Whatever
the enecrypted passwords like " argon2:$argon2…jig " or " $argon2id…jig " , both of these two enecrypted passwords are used in value column of Replit Secret, it connects to the jupyter notebook in another new tab but when i use the password ( from 2nd step ) , then it doesn’t work and the web page shows " Invalid credentials " ! so would you please kindly advise how to solve this problem & Thank you very much in advance !

Invalid credentials jupyter notebook

Best Regards

Anakins

2 Likes

Dear all:

I finally discovered the solution to the password issue and successfully resolved the problem and thanks for everyone’s help ! :grinning:

Best Regards

Anakins

2 Likes

So what was the solution?

2 Likes

Hi @IanAtCSTeach

i found that the password can’t include the specified character like " @ " ,
if you put the " @ " in your password , then you can’t login the jupyter notebook successfully !
thank you for your question !

Best Regards

Anakins

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.