See an applicant's past completed Bounties

Describe your feature request
Implement a modal (or similar) that briefly shows an applicant’s past bounties with a link to them and the reward of the past bounty next to each one.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Currently, the “x Bounties completed” badge/tag aims to provide Bounty creators with a brief idea of the Bounty Hunter’s experience. However, this can be manipulated by solving many low-cost and low-effort bounties, being “paid” by someone, or even creating a bounty yourself from another account and accepting it on your main account.

Introducing a modal like this would help the Bounty author gauge the experience of a hunter with more accuracy, without having to visit external links (i.e. their website) or their Replit profile.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Scrolling through older Bounties and noticing a few users with 10+ completed bounties, implying popularity and good outcomes.

4 Likes

Bounties are meant to be private since the bounty poster becomes the owner of the submitted Repl on submission. This would breach that privacy. The issue that you listed could be solved by simply not allowing users to accept their own bounties (although there would be no solution for alt accounts this way I guess.)

2 Likes

Maybe it could show the bounties rather than the Repls?

3 Likes

To add on to @QwertyQwerty88 it could also show the time they were accepted and the time they completed the bounty.

2 Likes

I feel like all this would really tell you is if the bounty hunter completed the bounty in the posted timeframe, and while this might be useful information to have to determine if you want to accept someone’s application or not, there could be exceptions.

The fact is that when the bounty hunter and poster communicate, they could easily renegotiate the timeframe ‘unofficially’ (as in not in a way that is reflected on the actual bounty posted on Replit), meaning it could seem like they finished their bounty early or late, however it could actually even be the complete opposite because they negotiated a new timeframe.

2 Likes

Let bounty posters change the due date with the hunter’s approval. That would fix that problem.

3 Likes

True, I suppose that could be an entirely new feature request.

3 Likes

The idea is briefly to show whether the completions are “valid” or not, not to show the contents of the Bounties that the hunter has completed in the past.

Rather than seeing “14 Bounties completed”, it’d be a good idea to provide some sort of indicator of what sort of Bounties they were, even if it’s just the name of the posting.

As for renegotiation of the timeframe like you mentioned, it could be that a “note” system is implemented, where the hunter can briefly describe what they did during the Bounty and let them include stuff like that or like @not-ethan said, implement Bounty editing (which has already been requested, and as far as I know, confirmed)

4 Likes

This is now a thing. You can view all the bounties a user was accepted for by clicking x bounties comptled on the bottom right of an app to view those boutnies, how much they earned and how much they are rated

1 Like