Screen turn black after code done

This happened after code done(sudden screen blackout)

2 Likes

We started seeing this same behavior beginning on Friday, September 22. When you create drawings with the turtle, the canvas disappears after the code finishes. Before, the canvas would remain visible.

A workaround we’re using with our students is to simply add a final line to your code like this:

input("Hit enter.") 

This just pauses the program at the end until you hit enter in the Console.

6 Likes

That means that the window was closed, by the way

2 Likes

solved my issue,. thanks

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Google Chrome Version 120.0.6099.216 (Official Build) (x86_64) on MacBook Air Sonoma 14.2.1

This incident should now be resolved. I would recommend logging out and clearing your browser cache. Alternatively, you can test with Chrome Incognito mode or another browser.

Please make a new post/topic if you’re still having issues as it is an unrelated issue from this thread.

It’s Tkinter showing no output - #5 by SuzyAtReplit which has been resolved. But, the post you’re replying to was what I duped into this topic to provide an updated screenshot (as well as a bump) for this issue. They happened to be reporting this issue which is a side-effect of Removing Prybar from the Run Button and not the incident[1]
I could have added some context to prevent confusion, but if a reply has the staff note for duplicates above it, or it uses the bug report template fields, it means that it was moved/duped in and not that the user has read the topic but the solutions didn’t work.
So, if the reason someone marked the Solution was that the output incident was resolved: we should unmark it now.

1. it’ll make sense if you view the original topic, which you can find in the post links underneath the first post ↩︎

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.