's server IP address could not be found replit

I’m sorry for this view of the bug report, but I hope it will be ok with understanding

Problem description:
I had catched this error several times. IDK why this happens.
I start to run project or I had changed something while it’s running and it cause gray window with the error “some numbers and letters” ’ 's server IP address could not be found replit.

Expected behavior:
It runs and show the project in the window

Actual behavior:
The “gray window” error occurs.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Follow the: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/back-end-development-and-apis/managing-packages-with-npm/how-to-use-package-json-the-core-of-any-node-js-project-or-npm-package curriculum. Fork the replit, on that page it will be.
  2. Next, you will see a .replit window.
  3. Select Use run command and click the Done button.
  4. Complete the curriculum or several tasks to see if the error occurs.

^I had cathed the “gray window” error 2-3 times while was doing the curriculum. If someone knows why this happens, please, help. ^My network is right coz I was googling and doing some other things, the connection was good ( I tried restart browser and network - it didn’t help, only after 10 minutes it beggins to work itself without any doings from me).

Bug appears at this link:
This bug appears from time to time. And what it cause IDK.
https://boilerplate-npm-2.tezv.repl.co

Browser/OS/Device:
Chrome 108.0.0
Windows 10, Desktop, PK

2 Likes

Hey @TEZv!

I’m not able to reproduce the issue. After following the steps, I am able to view the page in the webview:

If you create an HTML repl, do you see the same error in the webview?

1 Like

I am geeting the sampe problem. It was working now I get a grey screen that says debug-11-missing-paragraph-brandigirtman1–digital-discoveries-girtman.repl.co ’s server IP address could not be found.**

I am a new user and want to use this with my class, I am using Replit Teams. Can anyone help

Hi @BrandiGirtman1 , welcome to the forums!
This post is not the same as OP so @QwertyQwerty88 could you move it?
Also, I belive the reason is that your repl’s name is too long, so the Webview won’t work. I suggest you use a shorter name, or open the website in a new tab.
Hope this helps!

think you mean forums

Looks the same to me.

Well, one is about the fcc node.js boilerplate not working in Replit, while the other is the Webview not working.