Run Error in 100 Days of Code Lesson 17

Bug description:

When testing the code that needs to be fixed Replit just gets stuck in a “working” status and doesn’t progress. This happens for a few different pieces of code.

Expected vs Current Behavior:

It should throw errors in the console and then we can fix them and proceed through the course. Whereas right now it just never runs the code in the console.

Steps to reproduce:

Have hard refreshed the page. Exited the tab and came back to Replit to re-open and no dice. It worked with the prior code before the “common errors” and “fix my code stage” but after exiting out and coming back in multiple times I can’t get it to run the code in the console when it has errors.

Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/@JordanSinclair/day17100-days

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@JordanSinclair

Exited out and tried to run code with no errors and still full stuck in the “working” state. Closed python and console tabs and tried to open new ones no dice.

Deleted the repl and started fresh and it appears to be working now. Not sure how it broke in the first place though tbh.

1 Like

I got the same error as you did. Also unclear to me what prompted it.

100 Days of Code has some old configuration where exit() and similar things can cause “Working”.

Update: I created a new fork and ran into it again. After seeing the “Ahh! You’re a genius, you’ve won” text, I tried to type something else in the console and it went into “working” mode.

Hi, I am having the same problem. I am not sure what you mean by delete the repl and how to start fresh. Can you explain what i need to do? I am new to replit so not vary familiair with the functions. TIA

Hi @tushar35 , welcome to the forums!
I believe @JordanSinclair copied the code over to a new one and deleted the old one.
Hope this helps!