Run button don't work

Hi everyone, I just stared to learn python, so please be patient with me. My run button seems to failed, at first no matter which file I ran, the console just won’t show anything;latter the cosole will only show the second file’s result even if I switch to file 1. Both my file seems to run alright on Trinket tho. Thx for the help.

2ur31-gfbyp (1)

Hey @kris458888!

Just click the next to “Files” then click “Show hidden files”. Next click on the .replit file and finally you can change the entrypoint to whatever file you want to run.

You can also change the second line from run="run_command_for_lang main.py" to run="run_command_for_lang fileIWantToRun.py", though it won’t have an effect for languages with interpreters as shown in the comment on line 1.

Since your files are in a folder, your entry point would look something like entrypoint = "Homework/HW1.py"
Also, you should add the .py extension to those files (see @dragonhunter1’s comment on why), though technically you don’t have to.

Images

Dots

Show hidden files

edited

Also see the docs on how to configure a Repl: https://docs.replit.com/programming-ide/configuring-repl

3 Likes

Also, please name your python files using the .py suffix, to enable syntax highlighting, debugging, language server help and the like.

2 Likes

Thx for the help, It did work, but seem really redundant every time I need to run a file, I either change the “.replit” text or copy my text and paste it on the “main.py” file.

1 Like

You could make a small script that runs the last opened file, by checking the date modified.

2 Likes

Try following doing this then:

2 Likes