- Replit UPM adds python module “redberry” if a function is imported from a “models” folder.
- The “redberry” module contains an error which disables all package management. I cannot add modules, or remove modules (including redberry), using poetry or the Packages tool in the replit workspace.
- This occurs even when the following configuration is added to the .replit file:
[packager] ignoredPackages = ["redberry"] [packager.features] packageSearch = false guessImports = false
Replit should not attempt to install redberry, especially not if I’ve explicitly turned off UPM packageSearch and guessImports in the workspace configuration.
I cannot create and use a models folder without this error occurring and shutting down all package management in my repl.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create Python repl
- Create “models” folder
- Create python script within “models” folder
- Create function within “models..py”
- Import and call function in main.py
Bug appears at this link:
Device (Android, iOS, NA leave blank): iOS
Plan (Free, Hacker, Pro Plan): Free with AI upgrade