Replit says "you can't run this repl right now"

Recently, I tried opening my repl (link: https://replit.com/@DepthStrider03/pickle) to check on it & do a few updates. However, I was presented with a screen that told me, “You can’t run this Repl right now.” It said nothing else unordinary - just to contact support if I believe I could run it. I forked it (it didn’t give me the error anymore) and then I kind of forgot about it… until I checked on it again today. The same message box popped up, except now it says:

(I was going to embed the image, but of course, that didn’t work. :roll_eyes:)

You can’t run this Repl right now.
It may be temporarily unavailable or it may have violated our Terms of Service.
If you are the owner of this Repl and believe you should be able to run it, you can try again later or contact support.

Anyways… you get the point.

So for context, my repl (Pickle) is a proxy website made for students to access sites that would otherwise be restricted on their school networks. It uses a very well-known proxy framework, known as Ultraviolet. There are no token loggers, password loggers, or anything other malicious of that type. It’s simply a way for students to use the internet freely. So in other words… I have absolutely no idea what would cause it to be banned.

If in fact my repl isn’t loading due to it being banned, I’d really like to know what happened. Did someone report it? Was a malicious bug found? I’d genuinely like to know! Thanks in advance.

Proxies are against replit’s ToS

1 Like

And from the terms of service you agreed to (and probably should have read) when you created an account: (as @SharkCoding said)

4. Prohibited Actions

1. Use the Service to create a proxy with the purpose of circumventing any firewall or other access control measure;
1 Like