and I would like to collect a full story from the birds eye view of what, how, and why these changes occurred to provide the public with a more in-depth and complete understanding of the present situation. This list will be ordered in reverse chronological order, starting from today.
I was shocked at this decision to suddenly drop teams for edu.
I thought they were working on a fix to some problem with EDU Teams.
My problem is that you (or whoever decided this) only gave us 1 day to create our EDU teams right after stating that they’ll try to give us a heads up.
- What caused this sudden deprecation of the EDU Teams product? Why might this change be necessary (e.g. budget issues, change of interest)?
- What would happen to the AI Toggle fix that was supposedly being shipped?
- How involved was the Replit staff?
My interpretations of @yerhot’s posts were that he was not entirely on board with the recent events.
- How could the 1 day notice be justified?
I don’t want to start ranting about it without getting your feedback and side of the story.
- Power - double the RAM of our previous Pro plan, additional storage, SSH
- Privacy - unlimited Private Repls
- Deployments - 6M compute units for Autoscale Deployments
- Databases - Neon PostgreSQL storage and compute
- Partner perks - exclusive deals from Perplexity AI, Google, and more
- Member support - 1:1 support, access to exclusive events
- What is the name “Core” supposed to imply (perhaps a base plan, making the way for a “Plus” plan)?
- Will there be more powerful and/or different plans in the future?
- What is the target audience for Replit’s Core plan (and Replit in general)?
I appreciate your response to the above questions, and am interested to see what you’ll say!