Replit randomly reloads and loses program progress

Problem description:
I have a story maker thing on a program and I was running it, then randomly it started reconnecting and stopped the execution, losing progress

Expected behavior:
NOT to stop execution and reload

Actual behavior:
It reconnects to the replit and the execution for the program stops

Steps to reproduce:
No idea, it just says “reconnecting” on terminal window and then the run button reappears above it instead of stop.

Bug appears at this link:
Dont know what to put here

Browser/OS/Device:
Browser

Hey there, do reboots happen very often or at random intervals? Do you have any browser extensions that could possibly be blocking network requests?

I use a school issued chromebook, so it might have stuff blocking it. But it seems to be random. I don’t know why execution has to stop though

Do you know if anyone else on the same network is having the same issue? What happens when you fork the repl or rename it?

I’m not really sure if anyone experiences the same issue, but I do feel that it happens on two school computers I work on (one in computer lab and one on chromebook) As for forking or renaming: it usually reconnects after renaming and makes a new instance when forking.

In the top-left corner of the workspace, you will see this cloud icon. When it’s flashing, your repl is loading and when it displays a check mark, that means your repl has saved.

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.49.21 AM
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 7.49.26 AM

Are you still able to code under these circumstances, or do reboots appear so frequently that nothing gets done? Do your past changes appear in repl history?

They aren’t incredibly frequent, but after a little while of working on the repl I notice the cloud never stops flashing. The repl is fully saved if I were to close out of the tab, but the cloud never stops flashing and it warns me of losing progress if I leave the window.

1 Like

This has been a known issue for a while but unfortunately the engineering team doesn’t have the time or the capacity to work on this at the current moment.

If your repl runs with the correct and most recent code, you can safely exit the repl with confidence that it has been saved correctly.

1 Like