I was editing my .replit’s “run” command, and I made a mistake in the code. When I ran the code, it game me an error message, so I went and fixed the error. When I tried to stop the project, it simply would not stop. The only way to stop is to run it using the ?v=1 addition to the url of the repl and stopping it that way (from what I tried).
The replit should have stopped when I pressed “stop”.
The replit would imply say “stopping…” but never stop.
Steps to reproduce:
- Start a blank repl
- Create a file called main.sh
- Go to the file .replit and write: run = “bash main.sh”
- It will return an error, and stopping will not work.
Bug appears at this link:
Browser is Google Chrome
OS is Chrome
Device is Lenovo Chromebook
ctrl c, ctrl d . BTW welcome to community @sonicx180
I have tried this, but it does not work.
I have fixed this bug, and using public share will not replicate it because of how it works.
You can try using the process above.
I see, please submit a feedback ticket for replit to resolve this
Where do I do that? I would love to know so I can report this bug.
This is where it brought me.
oh… um I don’t know then sorry
They’ve officially made the Ask Forum as the place to report bugs, I don’t think the old ticket system is active anymore, could be wrong.
O_O wow really that’s cool
Here is a more detailed view of how this works:
run = [“bash main.sh”] #Normally it would be [“bash”,“main.sh”], so this is the code that starts the bug.
channel = “stable-22_11”
unable to find executable exec: “bash main.sh”: executable file not found in $PATH
run = ["bash main.sh"] causes the error, then why not just use
run=["bash", "main.sh"]. I don’t know, but I’m guessing it’s because of the way run is used, I think the idea is that each element in the list is an argument/command, so having a command (
bash) and an argument (
main.sh) in the same element confuses Replit.
Yes, this is how I fixed it, but I was curious why this would affect how it ran