Replit Not Running, Button Says "Working" but Never Changes

Hey Support, I have noticed a Replit that is shared with me (but not owned by me) has been having issues running. I first noticed yesterday afternoon and was hoping it would fix itself by today but I’m still having the same issue.

When I go to run the Replit, it simply says “Working” and keeps spinning (does not ever change to “Stop” like it usually does). I’ve reloaded my page multiple times, closed out of the browser and updated my browser and it’s still having the issues.

Interestingly, I do not have any problem running any other Replits that I created or that are shared to me, it’s only this one. I appreciate any help and let me know if you need any further information.

Hey @JacobDimuzio!

This is a known problem. According to https://status.replit.com/ it should be working, but I know some people still have the problem. To my knowledge there is currently not a fix until the problem is fixed.

Also is your internet connection stable? This could be causing issues instead of the problem I said above.

Hey @SalladShooter thanks for the reply, I actually found that I can run it through the Shell so even with the Run button not working right now I can continue with the work. Thanks for your help! If it continues into next week I’ll reach out again.

1 Like