Replit is making my computer's memory skyrocket

Description of the problem (please keep it simple and short):
I can’t even scroll the page while tring to code.

Explain what you were trying to do:
I was/am coding Main.java - NYT Spelling Bee Cheat - Replit

What areas or features are involved?
the entire computer is lagging

Repl Cover Page Link/Screenshots/Etc: (to protect you and your code, never share your Repl join link outside of PMs)

Replit is the only thing running on the Microsoft Edge.

Now, IDK if this is replit’s problem or my problem, so any answer is appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: this only happens with this program. Is it because of these files?:
AllWords.txt - NYT Spelling Bee Cheat - Replit
SpellingBeeWords.txt - NYT Spelling Bee Cheat - Replit

That seems likely, as they seem to be very large files. Check if you have them open in a tab in your Repl, and if you do, close those tabs. Someone had a similar issue before with a large video.

1 Like

I can’t keep the page from freezing in time to close the tab :sweat_smile:, should I just deleat the repl and copy/past the elements in?

That could work. I’d just download the Repl as a ZIP (add .zip to the URL), then upload and don’t open the files.

Thanks! this worked for me but i’m confused on why my computer was using up the memory. I thought the replit editor was hosted by Replit not me?

1 Like

True, but (AFAIK) Replit sends the files to your computer for local editing (that’s why you can get a desync, and the pop-up about it), and I assume that loads the files into RAM.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.