Replit is Broken

Two questions:

1. Does this mean we can be certain that Replit web hosting will still be a thing for the free tier and we won’t be limited to the cover page?
  2. So there was more to the staff’s decision to make more generous egress limits? I never had a private conversation with any staff about the UI. Personally, I don’t want a voice call or Discord though. Ask is fine for me.
4 Likes

They did no such thing with us.

2 Likes

You are right @JayAySeaOhBee14
All the points listed here is right.

Yes. I started thinking of a way for mods, TL4+ or some group of users to escalate topics to Replit Staff to respond, look at the feedback and possible revert the change. For example the change to cover pages.

YES! I have said that I understand that they need to change their pricing so they make money and I recommended giving hackers less powerful boosts but more of them. Or just increase the price slightly. And some other stuff.

I have not seen any abuse by mods on the main site. I have seen many appeals and even the person that gave them that warn or ban undid it. Like Lena said people can appeal and report them to her or other Replit staff if they are abusing. Obviusly Im not mod abusing here and there are no other mods here. And Im sure that Hugo and Bddy isent abusing mod on the discord.

Like Lena said again that we cant control if people bot and only try and prevent it and we take action when we see it. We have many tools to try and detect it and if you see it or think it may be bots REPORT IT! Us mods see every single report and handle or ask Replit staff to handle (they get more moderation tools).

We all hate this but things happen. Its very hard to provide free hosting that is up 100% of the time. Though I do agree when this happened multiple times in a week is absurd.

6 Likes

Awesome! I always love to hear your feedback! As far as mod abuse on the main site, I know I and some other have definitely experienced this but there isn’t much proof. :confused: I can talk about it in a PM with you and @LenaAtReplit and add some other that have said stuff if you want. :smiley:

2 Likes

I also just made a topic internally for an idea I have about a way for specific users to easily esculate topics to Replit staff for a response

6 Likes

Nothing is certain. Never will be until it’s announced. However, I have been reassured that deployments will be a seperate product and not impact the free tier for now.

5 Likes

Doing it once doesn’t mean they’ll do it again- they’re still responding here. Our topic was much more in-depth and slightly vague, so that’s why they wanted to meet with us.

5 Likes

I wanted to touch on a few things relating to hosting and deployments on Replit. Hopefully, this helps clear up any confusion.

• First of all, we’re working on a new hosting product that will come out soon. The experience on deployed Repls will be unlike anything you’ve seen on Replit before. They will be faster and more reliable than ever. If you want to build and deploy a startup fully on Replit, you will be able to soon.

• re: “canceling free deployments”. We don’t want to spoil the surprise of our launch, but what I can say is that nothing will be canceled until we’re able to offer something much better for similar costs (including zero cost). I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised, or at least relieved, on launch day.

13 Likes

This is not a complaint because it’s free but the web hosting isn’t that great. If the free web hosting became faster and more reliable, that would be great.

That is a relief because we were once told there was a possibility of free web Repls losing their hosting and being limited to the cover page.

6 Likes

thank goodness I use replit because I want somewhere where I can 100% in-house deploy and launch for free in any programming language.

3 Likes

While these are valid points, I feel like emotions are preventing everyone from making objective comments and, instead, complaining. I’ve been a long-time user of Replit, and trust me; the current issues do bug me. However, Replit is continuing to grow as a company, and that puts a LOT into play, from fiscal aspects to user feedback. Replit is a fairly small company in comparison to the tech giants, yet it has a fairly large user base. It’s not possible to respond to every piece of feedback, and when there’s conflicting feedback, they have to do a cost-benefit analysis for the community as a whole. There are over 10 million users and ~50 Replit staff. It’s not feasible for them to respond to every comment. They are doing their best to answer your concerns and feedback, as well as continue to develop the platform while taking your comments into account. The Replit team is doing their best, and I’d like to point out that nothing is perfect, and growth only happens when there are challenges along the way. I know many of us use Replit for Personal, Professional, or Educational reasons, but we have to be patient and respect that Replit will have issues from time to time.

1 Like

There are only 100 people that are active on ask, and all of them voted on the same topic, so I feel like your points aren’t valid.

2 Likes

AND we were only asking for them to make a comment on the topic in general, and it took them weeks to do that.

2 Likes

Not even 100 active people BTW… But “this guy” has some good points.

6 Likes

Even if there are less than 100 active people on Replit Ask, new threads are being made faster than they can reply. Replit is a small company with a large user base. It wouldn’t surprise me if most, if not all, of their staff primarily work on the main platform and then read through threads and reply when they have time. Some of our comments might prompt them to have a meeting before they reply. Also, the Replit staff are people too who have lives. There’s only so much any one person can do in a day.

3 Likes

No its not. This is the offical forum where they get feature requests bug reports, and feedback. And Ian (replit staff) only is on Ask and that’s their only job.

4 Likes

ok but what are you saying “no it’s not” to? Could you quote it in your original reply?

And Ian is just one person…

2 Likes

I think he means that the staff isn’t doing Ask in their free time, but rather that Ask is a paid part of their jobs.

1 Like

yea, I think he’s clarifying that Ian is the only staff who’s sole focus is Replit Ask, and the other staff work on other aspects of Replit that don’t include Replit Ask

4 Likes