Replit is Broken

You know something’s up when Glitch is added to the conversation. Especially the
“good” part

For someone who cares only about the code part, Replit is the obvious winner. Yes, there is botting and bad mods and other stuff, but essentially the coding part of it is untouched. When you want to build a program, you don’t really care about that stuff until you’re ready to share. Glitch is a big pain in the logic part of your brain because IIRC there is less RAM, storage, languages, sharing, and uploaded pictures are a problem because it only gives you a CDN link instead of uploading the picture on a local thingy. (I don’t know what to call it). I only use Glitch when Replit is not an option. That’s pretty rare for me.

Anyways, in my opinion too, Glitch is just not good. For one, Node is on version 12 and that is SOO annoying. Replit has a replit.nix file that with changing the 12 to 16 changes the entire version hassle-free. You can control how a project is started with a .replit file but you can’t do that with Glitch. This means that Glitch is hard to work with. Also, finding languages is really hard and there aren’t things like Glitch Authentication. I do have to thank Glitch because that’s how I found Fastify (better than Express)

Unrelated

Glitch burns your eyes. (That’s because I can’t find the dark mode button, if that exists.)

Summary: Use Glitch if you really need to, otherwise stick with Replit.

3 Likes