Replit for "Katas" (tiny fluency practice problems)

I’m wondering if there’s a better way to do this with Replit. My goal is to have students practice small programs over and over until they are fluent (analog: multiplication tables).

Here’s what I do now: https://replit.com/@SLPrepCoding/Katas-1

Current Pattern:

1. copy a problem set (like katas1.js) and paste it into script.js
  2. work on the level you’re at (e.g. prompts, var+alerts, conditionals)
  3. as you complete a mini-problem, paste the completed instructions + code in done.js
  4. copy and paste the problem set back into script.js when done (so there’s never code there)

The other js files (varalertprompt.js, conditionals.js) are working code I’ve shared for students who have no clue what the solutions are, and need to see examples (and have the self-restraint NOT to consult them).

They do all this at home. In class, we do pair-coding demos where there’s a “gatekeeper and keymaster” at front, doing a kata, and others do it as fast as they can (to build fluency) and then either practice again, or pick something harder.

When I release a new problem set (like katas2.js), students just grab that and put it into their katas replits. OR I release an entirely new Katas replit, on the assumption everyone is now fluent with the first set, like one based on loops and arrays.

My question is: can you think of a more elegant way to do this with Replit?

-Bram

PS - I haven’t played with “Observing” yet. Lena’s showing me how we could do the partner coding exercise remotely with that now!