Replit feels silent

Yeah, seriously. They know kids aren’t gonna pay $220 a year for a couple extra features that used to be free.

6 Likes

I did… i really regret it because there is so many features missing :sob:

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I would never trust Replit with my money. They’re trying to capitalize off their “premium products” before even testing them…

3 Likes

now that i think about it yeah that makes sense XD

2 Likes

Honestly my favorite thing about replit was that it was a place to make a project and see how people liked it. People were making all sorts or creative things and the homepage almost always had something new or cool to look at. Nowadays the only things there are tons of ai stuff that you can’t even look at without forking it. I miss the reactions to cool repls and the creativity that people used to have on there.

8 Likes

The pro plan isn’t really that bad… I mean it offers a plethora of cool features. Sure it’s expensive, but I bet they will add a cheaper plan sometime in the future. Anyway, as someone who owns the Pro Plan, I think it is worth the $220 a year. Furthermore, in that year, you can probably make at least half of that on bounties.

2 Likes

Oh no. Do you know Replit right now? I don’t think they’d add that. If anything they’ll raise the price of Core or make another more expensive plan. I’m surprised at how many ordinary users bought Core, so they’ll probably just jack up the price a lot.

3 Likes

Those always made making things and posting them feel worth it, even if all we recieved were useless internet points :person_shrugging:

It made the community feel alive and diverse

3 Likes

I feel that Replit is no longer what Replit used to be and the name used to mean. Now Replit is getting rid of, or, discarding all people that supported it and loved it, in order to save resource for commercial activities and the AI trend. I feel amused by this. If not for being a lively community for the young creaters, what on earth is Replit known for? When there are so many professinal labs and companies doing research on AI, including real progress like GPT-4, who cares about Replit and the random small startups it supports? When we have multiply open source code models, who cares about one more by Replit? Replit isn’t a big player in AI, it is just running after the trend, and I doubt that replit will succeed in AI.

9 Likes

It originally started as an AI company, so it’s really just them trying to fulfil their original mission at the right time. But yeah I agree with you.

2 Likes

I agree. Most of what I do on Replit is making little games or other small interactive projects that I want people to see, but it’s much harder for me to get feedback, due to the forced forking and removed comments.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.