Replit db operations using excessive outbound bandwidth

I’ve since modified my code to just save a json file instead of using the replit database. But it would seem that updating the replit db is an extremely bandwidth expensive operation. I had a database whose entire size came to ~2mb, however running an operation that updated all the rows on the database (~800) cost about 1GB of outbound bandwidth usage. I am hoping this is a bug as the replit db should be part of the internal operations of the project, but wanted to put it out there to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing.

1 Like
1 Like

Oh boy… well that’s fun! Yeah I hit 49gb over the weekend and upgraded to pro to keep my project alive thinking I’d be able to squash the bug pretty quickly. Then I started scrambling to fix it before hitting my new bandwidth limit of 100gb - I hit 85gb today before finally just settling for a (hopefully temporary) fix of saving the data to a .json file and reading that instead. My app doesn’t use sensitive data or anything so should be fine for the time being and actually sped up the processing quite a bit lol