Replit Database Connection is down

Is the replit database down or have connection issues today? It’s been on and off for me all day, I keep getting EAI_AGAIN DNS lookup errors.

This started at maybe 3m CST today and started working again and then I seem to be having the issue again starting from the last 3 hours.

/home/runner/Howl-Rain-Controller-API/node_modules/quick.replit/node_modules/node-fetch/lib/index.js:1505
            reject(new FetchError(`request to ${request.url} failed, reason: ${err.message}`, 'system', err));
                   ^
FetchError: request to https://kv.replit.com/[redacted] failed, reason: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN kv.replit.com
    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/home/runner/Howl-Rain-Controller-API/node_modules/quick.replit/node_modules/node-fetch/lib/index.js:1505:11)
    at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:513:28)
    at ClientRequest.emit (node:domain:489:12)
    at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (node:_http_client:494:9)
    at TLSSocket.emit (node:events:513:28)
    at TLSSocket.emit (node:domain:489:12)
    at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:157:8)
    at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:122:3) {
  type: 'system',
  errno: 'EAI_AGAIN',
  code: 'EAI_AGAIN'
}

It doesn’t seem to be an issue on my side since my projects have been running fine for months+ and this just happened today.

Thanks

2 Likes

Still having an issue, any info from staff?

1 Like

Hello! Could you tell me how much you know about how it happened, and how to reproduce this? Thanks!

1 Like

It happens inconsistently and can be reproduced by using the replit database in any way. There’s no way to reproduce it since its an issue with replit and happens at random for me.

To my knowledge DNS lookup errors is not something linked to my code.

1 Like

I don’t seem to get an error on my end.

I know, you wont be able too like I said, its an on off at random to my knowledge. Guessing its outages on replit’s side.

1 Like

Running into this error right now, nothing is different about my database usage. Been running the same thing all day but right now its down. Might be back up in 20 minutes no idea

Edit:
Resolved it’s self after 4 minutes. No idea whats going on with this issue.
still having issue on and off

check your resource usage. Is the “Outbound Data Transfer” full? You may want to balance use of on-repl storage and the database, and/or see if you can find an alternative database service which allows you to minimise the payload size needed to query the database. If you’re using any pingers, ensure that they’re using HEAD requests and don’t have an excessively short interval. If you enable Explorer, storage limits become per-account which would probably be better

1 Like